Monday, April 26, 2010

My MTC Experience


I'm actually going to try this blogging thing to keep a record of my mission -- actually already one-quarter over. We (my companion, Ann Marshall (high school friend)) and I went into the MTC on January 18, 2010. We settled into our little apartment just in time for lunch at the cafeteria. It was the beginning of three square meals a day -- and never passing up dessert. It was great and I really enjoyed it -- at the expense of a few pounds, I'm sure.

Since our calling for this mission was for "Family History Records Preservation," we were sure we would be safe from any of the "teaching assignments." WRONG!! We had teaching assignments on Tues., Wed., Thurs. and Friday. We were totally outside our comfort zone, but loved every minute of the experience. The training we received and the devotionals that we went to were a wonderful and very spiritual experience. The second week we went to Orem for training on the scanner and computer programs that we would be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment