Sunday, January 2, 2011

One More Trip to Far West and Adam-ondi-Ahman

I loved being at the Far West Temple Site, even though it was cold and windy. I truly felt that I was on sacred ground as I read the markers for each cornerstone.


We finally found the Charles C. Rich cabin in Far West. Charles C. Rich is Ann's great, great grandfather, so this was a very special experience for her -- for all of us. There isn't much left of the cabin, but we were still happy to have found it.





On to Adam-ondi-Ahman. Ann and Lynn -- cold but happy to be here. We were so glad we made this last trip to these sites, even though it was a little late in the season.


Me -- also happy to be here.

Preacher's Rock -- we had to take a little hike to get here, so I wore my coat.


Nephitish alter and burial mound / Adam's alter at Tower Hill
Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment